Orlando to Homeless, Go Away Hungry

I lived in Orlando for 12 years. While I don’t think much of the Food Not Bombs strategy, I can’t remember the last time I fed someone who was hungry. Well, I did buy flan for a colleague at lunch, but I don’t think that counts.

My point is I’m disappointed in Patty Sheehan. I remember when she was first running as the only openly gay candidate for city council. There was some controversy because she viciously opposed the building of a shelter for homeless youth in her neighborhood. It appears she now is opposing FNB food sharing in the park because the businesses don’t like it. The lesson here is that we shouldn’t hate people because they are gay, we should hate them because they are poor. Thanks Patty, that clears a lot up.

For more information on Orlando’s attempt to starve homeless people.
http://orlandofoodnotbombs.org/

Posted in |

0 comments: