From the WTF File of Sen. Chambliss

I just got an email from Sen. Chambliss. I have no idea why. I sent him an email about supporting gang rape, and he sent me an email about Kevin Jennings. Way to deal with things head on! My response is below and the Senator's email is at the bottom.


Dear Senator Chambliss:

On October 13 I sent you a letter and Sen. Johnny Isakson asking you to explain why you voted against S. 2588. This amendment would deny federal contracts to employers that deny employees the right to sue against sexual harassment, assault, and discrimination. This amendment would allow a young woman, gang raped in Iraq by her coworkers, to have her day in court. You apparently voted in favor of gang rape.

Today, October 19, you sent me an email about my concern about Kevin Jennings. In the email you mentioned I had contacted you about my concern about Kevin Jennings. Senator, I have never emailed you, or anyone else, about Kevin Jennings. I don't care about Kevin Jennings and find any reference to him to be a distraction. Let the man do his job and concetrate on real issues. An example of a real issue would be shielding war privateering corporations like Haliburton from charges of covering up gang rape.

I would like you to please explain why you would oppose S. 2588. Thank you.

Dan

------------

Dear Daniel:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the appointment of Kevin Jennings to the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools. It is good to hear from you.

Kevin Jennings was recently appointed as Assistant Deputy Secretary for the Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools under the Department of Education on May 19, 2009. The Office of Safe and Drug Free Schools is charged with assisting in drug and violence prevention activities for students at all grade levels. I understand your concerns regarding this appointment and will keep your thoughts in mind.

If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov. Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.

Very truly yours,

Saxby Chambliss


SC:md


Posted in Labels: , , , |

0 comments: