Tinkering with the Dumbest Idea?

There is a story in The Anderson Independent Mail reporting on Rep. Jeanette Jamieson (D-Toccoa) misgivings about Rep. Glenn Richardson's dumb idea to raise taxes. The paper calls it the "fair tax proposal" which I guess is a good example of objectively reporting whatever someone says without checking up on it. That's a side issue though. What worries me is that Jamieson doesn't say she thinks the bills is stupid, she says it needs some tinkering. That could be legislator speak for, "I'm going to amend this to death." But that could also be, "I want to amend it so it doesn't screw my people." The language worries me. Anything short of an emphatic statement saying this is a stupid idea and should die a thousand deaths worries me.

Posted in Labels: , |

0 comments: